Tuesday 22 October 2013

Rimmel vs Nyx : Cream eyeshadow pencil

Hello everyone! So, cream eye shadow has been raved about, in the world of beauty bloggers a huge amount in the past year. So being the shopaholic I am I treated myself  to two of the cream shadow pencils that I had heard great things about. I had high hopes about them both as couldn't live without my beloved Maybelline Colour Tattoos. Are they as good as the Maybelline Colour tattoo? Not quite.
Did they live up to my expectations : Yes, I suppose they did!
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick Or Nyx Jumbo eye pencil, which to choose.
 
I have been trying them both of for a couple of months or so now and I feel I can now give a fair and honest review. 
 
* Please note : I am no expert and what does or doesn't work for me, may or may not work for you. We are all different. I will give you my opinion, maybe you could try them out and give me your opinion too? *   
 
I'd like to start of by saying, if you want an easy, slap it on and it looks good, kind of cream eye shadow, I wouldn't go for either of these. I personally would use these as eye shadow bases as they are not a super long lasting product.
 
Nyx Jumbo eye pencil : 608 Cottage Cheese
I must sound like a broken record, the amount these have been raved about, but from all the talk, they have got to be good to be good, right? Don't get me wrong, the product is lovely, but my real bug bear with this is that they can't be twisted up or sharpened. I have been searching how to use the rest of the product but the only way I have found is melting it, and i'm sure I would make a mess of it! The product it's self has a beautifully creamy constancy, and is a gorgeous pearly white shade. I wouldn't use this on its own because the lasting power isn't the best, that been said it is a gorgeous base and very pigmented too! With it being a lighter shade you could add pretty much any shade above, which makes it such a versatile product.
 
Rimmel Scandal Eyes - Eye Shadow Stick : 002 BULLETPROOF BEIGE
The packaging says 24H/waterproof. I don't think this would last for a full 24H ( not that I have it on for that long ), it definitely has a longer 'lasting power' than the jumbo eye pencil, but I don't think it would last incredibly well in water either. The shade is a slightly shimmery, gold/beige and is nice to wear some colour without reaching too far out of my neutral comfort zone. The product is very similar to Nyx's with it having a creamy texture and very pigmented. You can create a more intense look by adding gold shadow on top, or tone it down with a lighter champagney shade. 

                                      
The real question is Nyx or Rimmel?
It depends on what you are looking for, both products a gorgeous so you can't really go wrong. I would definitely repurchase them again!
 
Which floats your boat?
I hope you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to my blog, it would mean such a lot!
see you soon?! Thank you so much :)
Katie xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. Still yet to have tried a cream pencil...perhaps I should take the plunge? :P The NYX no twisting no sharpening sounds a bit of a nuisance though, I hate not being able to make full use of a product-especially if it's one I really like!! The colours are gorgeous though, so shimmery! Great reviews, love your honesty! :) Liz xo
    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I agree, if anyone was to make a mess of it, it would be me ;) Thank you so much for reading, it means such a lot :')
      Katie xoxo

      Delete